Enrolled Nurse - Aged Care - Part Time - KOGARAH NSW
The Redemptorist Community in Kogarah is a community of elderly and retired missionary priests and brothers.
We are seeking an energetic and talented person to fill the role and duties of an Enrolled Nurse on a permanent part-time basis (25 hours per week) for our community.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Enrolled Nurse:
· Provides support and assistance to the residents of our community to enable them to continue living independently.
· Accompanies residents to appointments with Doctors, Specialists and other Health Care Professionals and is the liaison point in relation to the individual’s needs.
· Reports to the Rector of the House or his delegate on any changes in resident status to facilitate prompt, effective decision making regarding their care needs.
· Maintains a record of all medical information.
· May be required to visit members of the community who live in residential aged care, liaise with the facility on the member’s status and report back to the Rector of the House or his delegate.
· Participates in relevant professional development.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
To be considered for this role, ideally we are looking for a person who:
· Is compassionate, empathetic, patient and flexible
· Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner regulation Agency as an Enrolled Nurse (Division 2) with a Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia approved qualification for administration of medication (including intravenous medication administration) or working towards the same.
· Has previous experience working in aged care
· Has an understanding of Aged Care Quality Standards and can provide support to the community consistent with the Standards
· Has excellent organisational, time management and communication skills
· Has basic computing skills including Microsoft Office
· Holds a current non-restricted driver’s licence
As an employee with The Redemptorist Fathers, you will enjoy:
· Salary packaging options
· Attractive hourly rate based on experience and qualifications
· Friendly and supportive team.
Close of business Friday 9th April 2021
To apply for this position, please forward your resume and a covering letter to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on receipt and shortlisted applicants contacted to arrange an interview. Job offers will be subject to a National Criminal History Check as per Police Certificate Guidelines for Aged Care Providers. For further information, contact Stephanie Machee on (02) 9553 3777.
The Redemptorist Fathers is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people.